Friday, March 18, 2016

Green Smoothies or the Green Monster

Because I love food blogs and anything to do with food, I want to give cooking a shot this summer. Combining this with my new obsession with all things healthy and natural, I’ve decided to make my first recipe something “green.” Yes, I’m tackling the “Green Monster” Smoothie.

This name is lovingly bestowed upon blended drinks that feature all things leafy and green (usually sweetened up with fruit or honey). There are so many variations, but I decided to test out the simple recipe from une-deux senses.- 2 cups spinach leaves - 1 1/2 cups orange juice - 1 to 2 tablespoons honey - 1 ripe Bosc pear, cored
Blend everything together until smooth. Serve over ice.
Wow! What a treat. Aside from being the coolest green color ever, this smoothie is surprisingly sweet and totally refreshing. There’s the slightest hint of a vegetable taste, but other than that this could be any kind of fruity smoothie. My sister liked it, and she normally doesn’t go for vegetables! Success.
Read more : http://nation-health.blogspot.com/2014/08/green-smoothies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment